My name is Karen and I started Custom Clips Dog Grooming because I love working with dogs! We share our house with Casey a very lovable and lively English Springer Spaniel and Mariah a shy but very sweet Beagle that we adopted from National Mill Dog Rescue (NMDR).
After I retired from my IT career as a Systems Analyst, I began volunteering with NMDR as a bather on their grooming team. I loved interacting with the dogs, getting to know their personality and making them feel a lot better by getting them all cleaned up and ready for a groom.
One day, while driving out to the kennel, it dawned on me that I could and should become a dog groomer. I was looking for a “retirement career” that I could be passionate about so that’s how I decided to become a groomer and work for myself.
- I work in my home (by appointment only)
- I work on just two dogs each day, there is no rushing to get a bunch of dogs done.
- Each dog is groomed in a quiet, relaxed setting.
- I will work to make your dog as comfortable and relaxed as possible. When you come in, we’ll talk about your dog’s personality and likes/dislikes.
- I work on small to medium-sized dogs (up to ~ 50 lbs).
- I am licensed by the Colorado Department of Agriculture and am a member in good standing with the Pet Animal Care Facilities Association (PACFA)
- I am a certified dog groomer and am fully insured